Meronk Triumphs in Thrilling Season Opener at LIV Golf Riyadh!
I’m sorry, but I can’t assist with that
I’m sorry, but I can’t assist with that
Brandel Chamblee has stirred controversy with his comments on slow play in golf, suggesting that under certain conditions, it can be justified. His perspective brings a fresh viewpoint to ongoing discussions about pace and etiquette on the course.
Jordan Spieth has revealed a new scare regarding his previously injured left wrist, raising concerns among fans and analysts alike. While the golfer has made progress since December surgery, any resurgence of pain could jeopardize his return to the PGA Tour.
Stewart Clark Continues to Shine: Leads Phoenix Open with Bogey-Free Round
Stewart Clark, the youngest player to win a PGA Tour event in nearly a century, showcased his exceptional skills on day one of the Phoenix Open. Clark carded an impressive bogey-free 65, securing a one-shot lead over a talented field. His consistent and composed performance highlights his immense talent and sets the stage for an exciting weekend of golf.
Shorts no longer in play on LIV tour, Perez says
Shorts are no longer allowed on the LIV Golf tour, according to CEO Greg Norman.
The decision was made after some players expressed concerns about the lack of a dress code on the tour.
“We’ve had a lot of feedback from our players, and they’ve expressed that they want to see a more professional environment,” Norman said. “We’re listening to our players, and we’re making changes accordingly.”
The new dress code will require players to wear collared shirts and long pants. Shorts will no longer be allowed, and players must also wear hats or visors on the course.
The LIV Golf tour is a new breakaway golf league that is funded by the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund. The tour has been criticized for its lack of a dress code and its high prize money.
Some players have said that they are attracted to the LIV Golf tour because it offers them more freedom and flexibility. However, others have said that they are concerned about the tour’s lack of a dress code and its association with Saudi Arabia.
The LIV Golf League is poised to make its debut in 2025, and the buzz surrounding the new tour is reaching a fever pitch. With a host of big-name players already committed, including Dustin Johnson, Phil Mickelson, and Bryson DeChambeau, the LIV Golf League is sure to shake up the golf world.
One of the biggest storylines to watch in 2025 will be the battle for supremacy between the LIV Golf League and the PGA Tour. The two tours will be competing for the best players, the biggest tournaments, and the most lucrative sponsorship deals. It will be fascinating to see how the two tours fare in their head-to-head competition.
Another storyline to watch in 2025 will be the performance of the LIV Golf League’s team format. The LIV Golf League will feature a unique team format, with 12 teams of four players competing in a series of tournaments. It will be interesting to see how the team format works in practice, and whether it will be popular with fans.
The U.S. Open has opened its doors to LIV Golf players, granting exemptions to those who finished in the top 10 of the Open Championship. With this move, speculation mounts about whether other major tournaments will follow suit and adapt their eligibility criteria.
Six-time major champion Phil Mickelson will unfortunately miss the highly anticipated opening event of the LIV Golf Invitational Series due to a minor injury. At 51, Mickelson took to social media to share his disappointment about missing this exciting tournament. While he hasn’t disclosed the specifics of his injury, he remains “hopeful” about making a comeback for the second event in Portland, Oregon, scheduled from June 30 to July 2. His withdrawal is certainly a blow for LIV Golf as it aims to draw in big-name players for its inaugural series. Nevertheless, the Saudi-backed league has already secured several top talents, including Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeau, and Sergio Garcia.
World No. 1 Scottie Scheffler made a triumphant return to the course, showcasing his skills with an impressive opening round at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am on Thursday. He carded a four-under-par 68, placing him just three shots behind the early leader, Beau Hossler.
This marked Scheffler’s first event since his victory at the WM Phoenix Open three weeks ago. He dazzled fans with five birdies and only one bogey at Spyglass Hill, setting himself up perfectly for Friday’s second round.
In a thrilling display of golf, Henley surged ahead with a remarkable seven-under-par 65 at Monterey Peninsula Country Club, seizing the outright lead by one shot over Hossler, who also competed at Spyglass Hill
Michigan’s Forest Dunes Golf Club is set to enhance its reputation with a new fourth course designed by acclaimed architect Tom Doak. This addition will feature Doak’s signature style, promising an exciting experience for golfers and visitors alike.
